Postgraduate Qualifications via WOPEC (at Cardiff University)
The MSc in Clinical Optometry is a part-time, distance-learning (e-learning) course with practical tutorials/workshops to accompany many modules.
For information about the modules we offer, please visit our website.
There are four ways to learn with us:
- A Postgraduate Certificate (PgCert) – 60 credits
- A Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) - 120 credits
- A Master of Science (MSc) – 180 credits: to include a research project
- Individual modules - 10, 20 or 30 credits each
The emphasis is on flexible learning for the individual and typical progress would be to complete twenty credits per academic term, so it would normally take 2-3 years to complete the MSc, including the research project.
The course will allow eye care professionals to enhance both their knowledge and clinical skills via a unique combination of distance learning and practical tuition. Students will have access to:
- Flexible, supported learning environment for the eye care professional
- Modules relevant to today's clinical practice and professional development
- Excellent tuition from a dedicated team of tutors who are leaders in their field
- Material that has undergone academic peer-review to insure the latest evidence-based content
- Dedicated IT support for learners
- CET points and accreditation of prior learning where appropriate